By Michael McCarthy
Educational Vocabulary in Use is the proper research reduction for a person utilizing English for his or her educational paintings. excellent for college students of any self-discipline, from engineers or social scientists to company scholars or attorneys, it covers all of the key vocabulary they are going to stumble upon in educational textbooks, articles, lectures and seminars, permitting them to functionality hopefully in an English-speaking educational
Read or Download Academic Vocabulary in Use PDF
Similar english as a second language books
This article deals an intensive research of how listening, conversing, studying and writing, in addition to grammar and vocabulary, are proven in a number of tests, besides acceptable educating ideas for every. additionally features a advisor to all significant overseas English language checks.
* Informative issues for modern day scholars * enjoyable video games and actions * global membership journal has whatever for everybody * transparent module targets and self-evaluation initiatives * Mini-dictionary and dictionary talents actions * try your self workouts within the job e-book * Interleaved Teacher's source dossier * whole photocopiable evaluate programme * rules for mixed-level sessions and additional photocopiable actions
American English in brain is an built-in, four-skills path for newbie to complicated teenage novices of yankee English. American English in brain point three Student's publication with DVD-ROM good points sixteen devices. Thought-provoking interpreting, listening, conversing, and writing issues encourage teenage scholars of yank English.
- Top-Up Listening 1 (Bk. 1)
- New International Business English
- Living English Structure: A Practice Book for Foreign Students
- Experimenting with Uncertainty: Essays in Honour of Alan Davies: Studies in Language Testing
- An Illustrated History of Britain
Extra info for Academic Vocabulary in Use
R'l Look at the pictures. What do you see? F Answer the questions. 1. Who is the woman shoppin gfor? 2. Does she buy matching sweaters or different sweaters? 3. How does Anya feel about her green sweater? What does she do? 4. What does Manda do with her sweater? @ neaa the story. Same and Different Mrs. Kumar likes to shop for her twins. Today she's looking at sweaters. There are many different colors on sale. Mrs. Kumar chooses two matching green sweaters. The next day, Manda and Anya open their gifts.
Vtr JJYI +_xll ,r1r:j i$ F. Move in. ii"< crl! dlli: More vocabulary Ask your classmates. Share the answers. lease: a monthly or yearly rental agreement redecorate: to change the paint and furniture in a home move out: to pack and leave a home 1. How did you find your home? 2. Do you like to paint or arrange furniture? 3. Does gas or electricity cost more for you? r. 1. ,i t'. G. Meet with a realtor. :li:'": l. H. Look at houses. ; Make an offer. "'r*;* ej3't ,':::';i'" 5** n"fu ^ . ^:'-^*"o" L J.
9 qP w 29. smoke detector 31. ':is 30. key lii' e 33. -L ,Lr 32. i 34. & More vocabulary Role play. Talk to a landlord. upstairs: the floor(s) above you downstairs: the floor(s) below you fire exit: another name for emergency exit A: ts there a swimming pool in this complex? lt's near the courtyard. A: ls there...? I I ! I I 51 gS*Jl 1. - / b-rJl 5. condominium / condo ,;\,\"i +i^r 8. t11 JSL* 11. 1sL* 52 2. the suburbs 3. a small town / CSt 6. u ijil"t^ /, irjt 7. -+ 9. s'$ 10. ranch \-,r-y 12.